Maple Syrup ProductsMaple Syrup is not just sweet in flavours, it is also sweet for your health. All of the wonderful benefits of maple syrup deliver good value for your money. Maple syrup makes a great gift that can be shipped directly from Maple Tree Farm to your family, friends, business associates or employees with a special message from you to them. We will make all shipment arrangements for you.
Maple syrup is one of nature’s many wonders. It is the only product in our diet coming directly from a plant’s sap, a maple tree, and is a nutritional powerhouse. If you would like to learn more about the benefits of maple syrup you can scroll down for more information.
100% Pure Maple Syrup
Natural, Nutritious...and Delicious
SweetMaple syrup is not just sweet in flavours... it is also sweet for your health, a serving of 1/4 cup of maple syrup contains:
- 100% of the recommended Daily Value for manganese — an important factor in energy production, healthy bone formation and antioxidant defences necessary for normal brain and nerve function. Antioxidant levels are comparable to other common and popular foods, such as apples and broccoli
- 37% of the recommended Daily Value of riboflavin — which aids in metabolic processes
- 18% of the Daily Value of zinc — which is essential for normal reproduction and growth as well as a healthy immune system
EnjoyablePure maple syrup is a smart choice as a sweet topping or as a flavourful ingredient in baking and cooking. Its delightful maple bouquet appeal to the taste buds in diverse ways:
- As a sweetener to give tea and coffee a unique taste
- On oatmeal topped with walnuts and raisins
- Add with cinnamon and puree cooked sweet potatoes
- Combine with orange juice and soy sauce and use as a marinade for baked tofu
- Drizzled over bananas on top of a piece of whole wheat toast and peanut butter
- Marinate for organic salmon or pork
LocalThe earthy sweet taste of maple syrup is made from sap tapped from specially selected old growth maple trees on a 105-acre tree farm in Ancaster, Ontario. The sap flows through a wood-fired evaporator where it is boiled and then filtered several times before being hot packed in bottles.
Unlike many sweeteners and sugars, maple syrup is 100% natural and unrefined, retaining the inherent nutritional value of the maple tree sap. Maple Tree Farm was granted from Crown land in 1797 and has only had three owners. The story is told that it was a local native who taught the original Shaver family the ancient art of dowsing (finding water underground by use of a divining rod). It was also natives who were the first to recognize maple syrup as a food source that provided nutrition, energy, and medicinal benefits.